Danced for Dollars, Invested in her Future
Learn how a nav.igator made a unique investment in her 20s that led to a big return thanks to a girl's best friend (not diamonds)--compound interest. Even more inspiring: she left a toxic relationship, took some unexpected turns, became an exotic dancer to bring in the big bucks, and turned her earnings (and double life) into a nest egg that will serve her well into the future. She also later was able to turn a long time passion into a freelance business. It's an empowerment story about coming out on top— with grit and resilience.
What You'll Learn
- How she was able to make a significant chunk of money while young and in college (no judgement!)
- What led her to decide to invest that money (especially when most of her peers were not thinking of saving for the future). It's a great story.
- How much her initial small investment is worth today (so amazing)
- What advice she would give to her younger self, looking back now
- Why she views her decision to invest as an action of self-worth
- Information about dollar cost averaging and how it works
- What her saving habits have looked like after that initial investment
- How (and why) she learned more about investing and growing wealth over time
- How she recently turned a passion into a great freelance business
- Her tips for those wanting to start on a healthy financial path and start growing wealth
- Why making a few sacrifices is ultimately so worth it (and we are worth it)
This week's real talk story is about Malawi - so be sure to listen until the end!
If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.